Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: For those who didn't like the trade...

  1. #11
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder where Snyder rated when he was with the Mets.

    ------------------
    Alex

  2. #12
    Inactive Member srg's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Snyder was not even ranked in the Mets top 30 last year according to BA'S 2001 Handbook. In any event I had the WTF response when I read Where Sinha ranked him in our system. Lets wait and see when BA comes out with their list. Jim Ingraham rates the tribe suspects from what the Tribes front office says. I think Snyder is one of those Shane Spencer types that is a late bloomer but in no way would i put him on any of my prospect lists and I deffinetely know Tommy Lee wouldn't.

    ------------------

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Hawaii007's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am very surprised that the publication would place Snyder as out of the top 30 last year for the Mets considering what they currently project within the Mets system. I have a feeling that the rankings that they did had a lot to do with the second number more then the first number. If you notice that there are very few players ranked below 3 for the second number which would be the prospects down in the A level which is where everyone admits is the depth of the Indians system right now.

    ------------------

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Hawaii007's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was looking at the TeamOne Baseball website and they had a free section of the Indians Top 5 Prospects. Unfortunately I don't have the money to look at their evaluation of the top 20 prospects but anyway take a look at who is on the list of the Top 5 and well you get the idea that Team One has a different opinion about the Alomar trade compared to the rest of you.
    http://teamonebaseball.rivals.com/co...=900&CID=63766

    ------------------

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Hawaii007's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2001
    Posts
    596
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And this is the link as to how to interpret the scores.
    http://teamonebaseball.rivals.com/co...=900&CID=61349

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Inactive Member supersleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's been obvious to me all along that Shapiro made that trade primarily to get Escobar; he made it clear in his comments that the Tribe brain trust shares TeamOne's opinion of Escobar's ceiling. Let's just hope they're right...

    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •